Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Working for the weekend!

Ain't it the truth? This past weekend has been crazy busy visiting with friends, family and doing a little deal shopping. My best deal was my brand new gorgeous grey UGGs that I scored for $10. Yes 10 dollars! Love it when I get a great deal. My mom and sister found some great items too. It was a fantastic, sunny, warm, deal having weekend. So needless to say I was a little sad Monday came a little too quickly. So here is what I have on tap this week to get prepared for the three day weekend.

I decided that I am going to make strawberry infused vodka for some yummy strawberry lemonade to sip while enjoying a birthday party for my 1 year old niece. I will follow up with the recipe and results on Friday (I have to taste test before going to the party).

Looks pretty good even without the four day infusion process!

We are having another garage sale this weekend so that means cleaning of the closet. I have really tried to be good about getting rid of things as new things come in, but sometimes it's hard to say goodbye to that sparkly club shirt. I know that I haven't been to a club in about 3 years, but that is so not the point. It's season changing time so it is always a good idea to go through and clean out the items that you didn't wear this summer even though you swore you would when you cleaned out your closet in the spring. I know I am not the only one.

I am totally going to make this, because it looks delicious and should not take forever to make. Plus I really enjoy pork chops.
Recipe from Kurtz Corner

I am going to try this peel that I received in my Birchbox this month. It has promise, but I will for sure let you know how it goes.

Free Shipping from BirchBox

Lastly I am going to hunt down some blue mason jars. I have a few projects that they would be perfect for, but they are a little hard to find (well at least places that aren't charging an arm and a leg).

Enjoy your Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...